MRA offers trips to suit just about everyone. Anyone young or old that is in reasonable physical condition is welcome!
- Mature Adventurer: Active folks in their 70’s and 80’s love rafting with MRA!
- Mom or Dad Adventurer: Our river trips make great opportunities for family bonding.
- Non-Swimming Adventurer: is welcome on Class III, provided they are comfortable with the possibility that they might “take an unexpected swim” in the river. In this case their life jacket would keep them afloat until they are pulled back into the raft. Swimming ability is required on our Class IV-V river trips.
- Plus Size Adventurer: Each participant will need to fit into one of our life jackets with all buckles fastened. Our life jackets fit a maximum torso circumference of 52 inches.
- Adventurers with Medical Conditions: Folks with a history of heart trouble, asthma, epilepsy, allergy to bee stings, or any other potentially serious medical condition should consult their doctor before coming on a rafting trip.Pregnancy: For safety and liability reasons, we advise pregnant women not to participate in any of our activities.
- English as a Second Language Adventurer: For safety reasons on Class IV and V river trips, all participants must be able to understand our safety talk and guide instructions, which are normally delivered in English. On Class III and easier river trips, non-English speakers are most welcome and, unless other arrangements are made, must bring an interpreter.
Can you accommodate special needs?
MRA has a proven track record of providing safe and enjoyable trips to a diverse array of clients, including the visually impaired and physically handicapped. We are also happy to accommodate our guests’ special dietary needs and are able to pack along medication. Please fully complete your Participation Agreement where you should list any special needs. This information will be relayed to your Trip Leader and provisions will be made to accommodate your requests.
If you have any particular questions about who can go rafting, please feel free to call our reservation office at 800-861-6553 for more detailed information.