Try these easy steps to camp without glass!
Mountain & River Adventures Campground is moving to a NO GLASS campground to be in line with guidelines set out by the Sequoia National Forest. We are using 2017 as a transitional season to give you and us time to figure out how best to camp without bringing glass to our Forest.
Here are some of our ideas:
- Watch what you are buying.
- There are lots of alternative options to buying glass.
- Plan Ahead
- While planning your trip make sure that none of your non food items contain glass
- Buy your alcohol in cans or boxes or even pouring it into a metal container or bladder.
- There are so many different options; cans, boxes, metal. The options are endless.
- The local brewery in Kernville now sells their beer in cans too!!
- Always remember to leave nature better than the way you found it by keeping trash bags handy and easy to use, and thereby keeping trash contained and not carried off in the wind.
- Pop-up trash can, bring extra trash bags, and hold it down with a rock in the bottom (we have plenty of rocks)!
- Unpack new camping gear ahead of time, to practice and make sure everything works. Leave packaging at home, saves on car space, and creates less trash when camping.We are excited for the summer 2017 and our transition year. We look forward to see you in the campground or on the water and working together to camping glass free!!