Calling all majors for our
Kern River Rafting
Mountain & River
Adventures (MRA), the most diverse
outdoor outfitter in the west, is looking
to fill several summer Student Internship
positions. MRA is located approximately
three hours northeast of Los Angeles,
and one hour east of Bakersfield, at
the gateway to the Sequoia National
Forest. We offer rafting, mountain biking,
climbing, river kayaking, lake kayaking,
ropes courses, teambuilding, hiking, special event facilities
and camping. We are a full-service
outfitter offering packages that range
from one hour to seven days and can
include meals, gear, guided trips, momento
items and camping.
Interns will learn the
following Administrative procedures:
- Staff scheduling.
- Setting up activity/trip paperwork.
- Reservations and bookings.
- Risk Management development and implementation.
- Developing conflict resolution skills through employee mediations and involvement in teambuilding activities.
Interns will learn and
be introduced to the following Operational
- Guiding trips in all MRA activities.
- Basic guide procedures developed in our Guide School program.
- Practical use of Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Trip leading in various MRA activities.
- Facilitating teams through experiential teambuilding activities.
- Set-up and use of MRA ropes course and climbing wall.
- Food preparation, service and cleanup.
- Landscape and grounds maintenance.
Interns will have an opportunity to develop personally in the following areas:
- Patience and understanding of different cultural groups.
- Self-confidence and self-esteem from challenging and developing skill levels in outdoor adventure activities.
- Communication skills.
- Confidence in operating at different levels in the operation from guide to trip leader to management.
- Continuing to refine managerial techniques and styles.
- Refining customer service techniques and skills.
Fill out an MRA employment application, attach your resume, plus college internship requirements and mail to: MRA Guide Internships,11113 Kernville Rd., Kernville, CA 93238.
If you do not already have white water guiding training/experience, we highly recommend that you plan to attend our annual Guide School. For more information, contact
John or Rhonda at (800) 861-6553 or
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.