The Kern River water levels are high and that means we all need to be extra safe when at the river.
Here are a few steps that you do can do to be water safe:
- Always wear a PFD (Personal Flotation Device) and make sure that it fits nice and snug
- Always have a swimming partner
- Good water shoes are key. They should have great traction even when wet
- Always tell someone where you are going to swim
- Give yourself a buffer when swimming in the water.
When hanging out at the water’s edge it is important to keep an eye on everyone. The water is more powerful than you think, and things can happen.
Hope to see you on the river in the near future!