Mountain & River Adventures(MRA)–Campground Etiquette
To enhance your outdoor experience with us, please read.
CHECK-IN - 2:00p.m.-10:00p.m.
CHECK-OUT - By 12:00 Noon
- Campers maintain a clean, trash-free, glass-free site at all times. Contain trash in your own bags and haul all trash to central dumpster. Campers use recycle bins. Messy sites will be charged $54 clean up fee to credit card on file.
- PETS are one to campsite; leashed; droppings picked up quickly; pets are always attended.
- Speed limit of 5 mph is respected by all drivers on MRA camp property to retain on-site driving privileges.
- One/two cars are parked per camp site. Vehicles are well inside of site, not encroaching roadway at any time. Extra vehicles are parked in Overnight parking area.
- Quiet time is observed promptly at 10:00 p.m. All generators are turned off between 10:00pm and 7:00am. Amplified sound is pre-approved, in writing, AND in advance of camping date, quiet time observed. Music is family friendly.
- Check-in time is at 2pm. Early arrivals result in extra fee of up to one full night’s camping, charged on your credit card on file. Check out by noon, or pre-approved late check-out, plus a $20/hour fee, charged on credit card on file.
- Fire rings remain where found. Tables are located strategically; if you move them, kindly return them.
- Children are chaperoned at all times in campground, especially in restrooms.
- Campers use restroom facilities with cleanliness and care, and notify host if additional supplies are needed.
- Campers check in with Camp Host with a valid ID to checkout horseshoes, shuffleboard, volleyball.
- Camp within delineated site boundary; observe private property border to south. If unclear, ask Camp Host.
- Swimming in the Kern River is dangerous and not recommended. Ask Camp Host about possible wading areas.
- Ask Host for directions to local ATV, off highway vehicle riding locations. ATV’s are not ridden on MRA property.
- Ask Host for legal areas to discharge firearms. Fireworks are illegal in the Sequoia National Forest.
- In an emergency call 9-1-1. If you observe unlawful/dangerous activity in MRA campground, notify Host or call 911.
- Please report inappropriate use of camp equipment to our Host immediately. If Camp Host is not available,
please call (760) 376-6553. Destruction of MRA Campground property will result in a fine/prosecution.
- Use only locally sourced firewood to prevent spread of disease to MRA trees. Camp Host sells firewood.
- MRA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Camping rights will be terminated without refund.
Maximum of 6 in Standard sites; 12 in Double Sites; 24 in Boulder Beach.
- Campers who arrive to camp after 10:00pm will dim lights, and observe quiet hours noted above.
- Bull Run Pavilion and Bud’s Grove are rented out for private parties and may not always be accessible to camping guests. If it is not reserved, all camping guests respectfully and considerately share these day use areas.
- Campers use water conservatively. Turn off the tap, take quick showers. Water balloons create trash and waste water so they are not allowed @ MRA Campground!
- All sites have a campfire ring with metal grate. Portable BBQ’s are welcome.
- Stormy weather is beyond our control. All reservation commitments are upheld regardless of weather.
- Campers use cans/boxes/plastic bottles or re-package food/toiletries to create a glass-free campground.*
Our camp host sells firewood and ice on-site. Please share this information with each camper.